Re: RPM issues

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Colin McCabe <cmccabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The more annoying dependencies are things like GTK2, which don't
> really affect the behavior of the rest of the project, but which will
> have to be "mandatory" in the RPM, it seems. Also, as I said, tcmalloc
> will present somewhat of a problem because it's just not packaged on
> RedHat/CentOS at the moment for 64-bit. I will report a bug with Red
> Hat and see what they think...
I don't think it's okay to require gtk2 just for the gceph that nobody
uses...That at least should be an easy choice to kick out if
necessary.
tcmalloc is harder; we should get one of our lab users to submit a
ticket for that. If necessary I believe google-perftools makes it
pretty easy to build tcmalloc-minimal, which includes only the memory
allocator -- we'd have to adjust our machinery a bit so the heap
checker hooks are separate from the detection of tcmalloc but it'd be
doable, and unlike the other config bits wouldn't fundamentally change
non-dev behaviors.

libatomic-ops is separate and while Lazslo has disabled that on armel
for the moment I believe I will be able to get that fixed up pretty
soon (just need to check up on my QEMU instance once I get in and
handle the autobuild bits).
-Greg