RE: A Few Questions about Ceph

Hi,

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 13:51 -0500, Mark Nigh wrote:
> Wido,
>
> Thanks for your input. Has there be any talk/discussions around support on the upcoming release of v1.0. I see in the roadmap that is slated for April. I have been testing Ceph for about 1 month now with limited issues and would like to place this file system into our production environment as a backup target. We would be willing to purchase a reasonable fee-based support contract to augment our limited staff here.

Currently there is no commercial support available. There have been
discussions about this, but I'm not sure what the state is.

I'm not Ceph developer not am I a member of the team, I'm just someone
who is very enthusiastic about Ceph.

>From what I've heard/read is that they are thinking about setting up a
support program when v1.0 is out.

If Ceph is meeting your demands at this point in time it's up to you if
you want to take it into semi-production.

During the day there will be people hanging around in the IRC (I'm
online between 09:00 and 19:00 GMT +1), so you are free to ask around
when you run into troubles.

Feedback from (semi-)production env's is needed to make Ceph even
better, so please, do so!

But, like I always, make sure you have a good backup of your data!

> My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for discussions like this, but I am not aware of any others.

Currently this is the right place, when the volume of the list becomes
to high there will be a -users and -dev list (I guess).

Wido