Re: cpan2rpm and alternatives

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Geoff Galitz wrote:

cpan2rpm is getting relatively old, compared to some of the newer
things that can be done with the CPAN and RPM build procedures.  The
latest version isn't available on its sourceforge site and the

What are the newer procedures? I'll be needing to do this in the very near
future.

I was contemplating writing some sort of yum plugin or external utility that can leverage whatever current procedures exist and register a CPAN install
in the RPM database... but I'm not sure it is worth the effort and I do
realize that breaks the whole Centos testing and reliability model. Still, there are some functions cannot be found in the usual places that do exist
in CPAN.

Listing the RPM packages you need on the RPMforge mailinglist would be sufficient to have them added (where possible).

Is there any attempt at coordination between the packages in EPEL and RPMforge?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx