Re: File system goes read-only once in a while

Toby Bluhm wrote:
I did it several times. Unfortunately, it couldn't fix the problem.

Does it say the fsck is a success or fails?
How can I get this info? All I get dmesg and messages logs after the boot. Is there a log somewhere? If not, I think I have to watch the monitor on the server during boot.

Boot the rescue disk. Mount the partitions someplace. Dump /old_var to /new_var. Of course, if the /old_var fs is somewhat trash, /new_var won't be much better.
The problem is there is a raid card kernel module loads during boot. If I boot the rescue disk, /mnt/raid will not be mounted.

I'd be wary of hardware problems with raid controller, cables, or disks. That "IO failure" in your logs isn't what you want to see during fs operations.

You are absolutely right. I am just trying to do my best to recover whatever I can.

Thank you.
Mufit