Re: File system goes read-only once in a while

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
touch /forcefsck

and reboot. This will cause all filesystems to be checked with fsck
after the reboot.
I did it several times. Unfortunately, it couldn't fix the problem. I still get the following errors and the system goes "read only" after a couple of minutes.

EXT3-fs warning (device dm-0): ext3_clear_journal_err: Filesystem error recorded from previous mount: IO failure EXT3-fs warning (device dm-0): ext3_clear_journal_err: Marking fs in need of filesystem check.
EXT3-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.

It seem formatting the /mnt/raid is the way to go. However, i have to move /mnt/raid/var to /var first. / is on another hard disk and there is space available. there are lots of programs use var lively. How can I move /mnt/raid/var to /var.

TIA,
Mufit