Re: Remounting a USB flash drive

MHR wrote:
I've noticed that once I right click on my flash drive icon and umount
it, in order to remount it I have to unplug it and then plug it back
in.

Is there a command that will accomplish the same task without the
unplug and plug back in physics?
Yes. You should use
$ gnome-mount -p YOUR_FLASH_DISK_LABEL

where YOUR_FLASH_DISK_LABEL is the label you see when your system mounts a drive automatically.

The same way you can use gnome-umount and gnome-eject (for CD/DVD probably) commands, though noone is recomended for end-user usage.

Sergey.