Re: File system goes read-only once in a while

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
You have to unmount the filesystem in question. I think that's even recommended for a "do not repair" run.

Kai
"shutdown -rF now" didn't fix the problem either.
There are problems with several inodes. Reboot fixes the problem for a couple of hours.

I am thinking about reformatting this volume, but /var is on that volume as well. Perhaps, I should move /var to somewhere else, then format that volume. I don't know if there is a better/easier way to fix the problem.

I would appreciate any help.

TIA,
Mufit