Re: Installing Postfix/Dovecot

Giulio Troccoli wrote:
I have tried both mail and Thunderbird. mail of course doesn't work because it read from /var/spool/mail while postfix puts the email in Maildir. However I would have thought that I could download the emails with Thunderbird (on my laptop).

I hope you're not saying I have to install procmail too. I'd like to keep the system as simple as possible: postfix, dovecot, squirrelmail and majordomo (later) are enough.

Giulio

Local maildelivery with postfix and dovecot normally should work out of the box. Just installing and starting the services should do it.
I have done this just 2 weeks ago as a demonstration in my linux class.
Do you have any maillogfile output ?

Harald