Re: Installing Postfix/Dovecot

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 27 March 2008 19:04:02 Giulio Troccoli wrote:
No, you are misunderstanding this. Your line needs to be
mynetworks = 192.168.69.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8

The /24 denotes a Class C network, which yours is, and the final part is the loopback address.

Those were just testing when what suggested didn't work. My main.cf now has exactly what you say.

Now for the mail sending. Have you got a file called 'transport' under /etc/postfix? And one called transport.db? This last one is what tells postfix where to send things. The transport file needs lines like

lydgate.lan	smtp:[192.168.0.40]
.lydgate.lan	smtp:[192.168.0.40]
*	smtp:[smtp:mailhost.zen.co.uk]

where the first two lines define that anything addressed to anyone@xxxxxxxxxxx is local, and should be delivered onto my imap server. The last one sends everything else to my ISP.

When they are ready, you just run 'postmap transport' and it creates the database.

I didn't know this. I change the transport file and done 'postmap transport'. I have also restarted postfix, just in case, but still no joy. However, are those your settings so that I should have something like

troccoli.it      smtp:[192.168.69.25]
.troccoli.it      smtp:[192.168.69.25]
*      smtp:[smtp:tiscali.co.uk]

where 192.168.69.25 is the IP address of my mail server?
You also need to make sure that your system knows you want to use postfix.sendmail, instead of just sendmail.

I have previously run system-switch-mail and chose postfix.

Giulio
Anne