Re: Rejecting spam

on 3-4-2008 12:32 PM Tim Alberts spake the following:
Glenn wrote:
At 02:35 PM 3/4/2008, you wrote:

Sorry, not a direct CentOS question, but I know there's a lot of experienced users on this list...I'm using CentOS with sendmail and spamassassin. I've got it configured with spamass-milter and it is working correctly. However, I was expecting to be able to reject mail that is marked as spam, not just deliver it as usual. Anyone know if it can be done and how? I know a milter can reject mail, because I've used milter-grelist in the past to give temporary fail messages.

Following is my sendmail.m4 directive for spamass-milter:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=unix:/var/run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock, F=, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT',`t, b, j, _, {daemon_name}, {if_name}, {if_addr}')dnl define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO',`s, {tls_version}, {cipher}, {cipher_bits}, {cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}')dnl

Not sure, but I think you could use procmail to filter to a junk folder based upon parsing the SpamAssassin score. Also, you can block based on RBL in sendmail , or score in spamassassin.

That's exactly what I don't want to do. I don't want the mail being delivered to my system. That's why I'm using the milter. However the milter is doing the exact same thing as delivering it when it is marked as spam. That's what I am hoping to get some help with.
Looking at the docs, spamass-milter doesn't do any rejecting. I believe you can do it with mimedefang, but you will have to go through their docs to figure it out.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and