Re: vlan support

Les Mikesell wrote:
Is vlan 1 always native (untagged) or can you specify that? I remember having some problem with Intel NICs on windows not liking native packets at all if any were tagged but I don't know if that was a hardware or software issue.

its my understanding that if you're using vlan tagging on a given link, ALL packets are supposed to be tagged, as the tag is a prefix on the ethernet header. mixing tagged and untagged packets would be very messy.