Re: Reg. VNC server and Windows and Centos interworking

Padmaja wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your response, I could connenct to the Centos PC from Windows using VNC. However, I do not see the icons etc., that I see when I access any windows PC. I ran the command ps aux and saw there is a vnc process running for iconic view, but 'm not able to view the icons on the desktop. What should I do to get access to the GUI?

If you don't create your own /home/username/.vnc/xstartup file, vncserver will run twm which is a very old and unfriendly window manager. You probably wan to run gnome instead. But, as I mentioned before, this is going to run an independent screen. If instead, you want to control the console session remotely, try System/Preferences/Remote Desktop from the Gnome menu and allow remote connections. This will be to the :0 (default) screen.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx