Re: Major update and again no new repodata

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Yesterday I pulled down a major update to OpenOffice.  But no updates to
repodata.

you pulled down how ?

I waited a day to see if there was some reason for the lag (like more
rpms needed to complete the set), but still today, no repodata to pull
down (my rsync looks for more recent file dates).

Help?

with what ? has the update been announced as yet ?

Please understand that there are times when we may push an update (to get the billion places it needs to sync to going .. a process that can take several hours) BEFORE we test all aspects of the package.

We do initial tests on the package (local install, compare against upstream) first, but we like to test some packages a bit more, especially if something doesn't look 100% right (even though it passed the quick tests). The fact that we have the other package out there means that if we need to replace it, that replacement happens very fast.

We will update the metadata after all our testing is completed and we have sent the announement.

This sometimes results in packages without metadata, but also results in the fastest way we can push updates to the end user. If you see packages without metadata, ignore them unless we have also announced them.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes