Re: SFTP error (perhaps due not to using passive mode?)

Rogelio Bastardo wrote:
On 8/14/07, *John R Pierce* <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

    passive vs active or port mode is strictly a  old school FTP thing, it
    has nothing to do with sftp which is part of the ssh protocol.

    are you running a ssh server on port 990?  it normally runs on
    port 22.

My problem actually turns out to be I need to use FTPS instead of SFTP (hence the ssh errors).

'ftps' is kind of an orphan, I don't believe there's actually any sort of RFC or spec for it. pretty much everything I've seen uses sftp/scp/ssh instead