Re: procmail, and the care and feeding of mailing list content received

Hi Russ,

Thanks for this hint.  I have a couple of questions.

On 6/7/07, R P Herrold <herrold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:0fh
* ^List-Id:.*centos\.centos\.org

This is a handy way of filtering by the mailing list name.  Thanks.

* ^Subject:.*Some subject line here
*!^X-brand
         | formail -A "X-brand: killfile "

# and dump them
:0 w
         /dev/null

Could you explain why you are going through killfile here?  For
example, can't you just do:

:0:
* ^(From|Sender|Received):.*Perrin
/dev/null

if you do not want anything from a person named Perrin?  I have lines
like that in my filter (not with 'Perrin' by the way) and it seems to
be working.  As you can tell, I am not very familiar with procmail
filter format.

Akemi

-- Russ Herrold