Re: Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Ruslan Sivak wrote:
Feizhou wrote:
Andreas Micklei wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 schrieb Feizhou:
So there really is no point in making /boot survive the loss of one of
of the other raid1 arrays.

Really depends on what you have on your boot partition. ;-)

You mean in the initrd images :D

But seriously, when you need a /boot partition, it is only as useful as the rest of the system.

This is true. In this particular case, I wanted the boot partition to survive if the data disks survived. Kinda annoying to have the data disks survive, but have to rebuild the system because the / or the /boot paritions didn't survive. With 500GB drives, an extra 200MB partition hardly matters, while it will save me a lot of headaches should one or two drives fail (assuming it's the right drives, and the data partition is still there).

Your minimum data and system disks are two. One from each mirror. So if you put /boot on either pair, you will always have a working /boot and working data/system access. There is absolutely no point in having /boot on all four disks. You do not get any benefit at all.