Re: New lists

Jim Perrin wrote:

True. But that number is very small compared to the rest of the
population. I would (no offense to you) rather sacrifice a few users
who are still using (forced or otherwise) caveman technology to
connect to the internet than fragment the knowledgebase and require
folks to join a dozen or so mailing lists. If/when the mailing list
reaches critical mass and a split is required for sanity, then so be
it. I don't think we're there yet, and I completely agree with
Karanbir on this one.

However I think we should try to be accessible to the disadvantaged, GNU/Linux is about them too. Compressed digests sound as an option, given that text can be compressed very much. Is there any way to use compressed digests? I may even try using it myself.