Re: New lists

Karanbir Singh wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
I don't understand the current rationale for a single CentOS users' list; probably in times past it was sensible, but I think the time has come for splitting the list by release.

We've been down this route before - and the same things are going to be said now that were said previously, we are not going to be splitting the list based on Release and/or Arch. It might have worked for others, but we dont want to split the community up into fragments. And, personally, I think this is working very well - we get max eyeballs and people dont need to be subscribed to a multiple lists to keep an eye on stuff.

Perhaps when membership of the list hits 50,000 we might reconsider - but were not there yet.

What might be worth looking at was to create more lists ( not split ) based on technology (eg. CentOS-Clustering ), but we've not really had any request for those, afict.

And as Les has already pointed out - most stuff in the lists is common.

perhaps you should consider compress'd digests for your mailing lists traffic.

Okay, now we have a decision I'm outta here.

You said I'm not the first to raise the matter. You need to listen and consider the disadvantaged amongst your number.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait