Re: NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

Michael Velez wrote:
Comparing the log files from the nv & nvidia attempts - what pops out is nvidia sets the ModulePath to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia, /usr/lib/xorg/modules". modules directory only has extensions and drivers folders, while the nvidia directory mentioned only has libglx.so...
	The nv Xorg log file is "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"...

I wonder if it would work to sudo cp those files to where it looking? Probably best to find out where the ModulePath is getting changed/set. Question is, how is a Win refugee to do that?

You can set that in the xorg.conf file in the Files section

If you do a:

# man xorg.conf

You'll have all the info on xorg.conf you need.  Set the ModulePath variable
the same way RGBPath was set but substituting the required directories in a
comma-separated list.

Well, color me red and call me stupid! That was way too obvious & easy... I added this :

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules, /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia, /usr/lib/xorg/modules"

This time it couldn't find the module nvidia, which appears to be in...
/etc/modprobe.d. Unless that's not the file I'm looking for (as eyes glaze over...)

	Slowly getting there...

--
--- David Woyciesjes