Re: NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

Michael Velez wrote:
First off, many thanks to you for you assistance, even though I haven't gotten it yet. A small favor, would you be able to quickly write something up for me as to the steps I should've taken? Or is there something somewhere that I've missed? Florin mentioned in another thread about trying ATrpms. I figure that's worth a shot too. Or is that not a good idea?

I may hit myself with a 2x4, but did you check the
/var/log/nvidia-installer.log file?

Added nvidia-legacy drivers from rpmForge. X could not start.
From Xorg.0.log:
(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module "bitmap"
(II) UnloadModule: "bitmap"
(EE) Failed to load module "bitmap" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module "pcidata"
(II) UnloadModule: "pcidata"
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (module does not exist, 0)

Fatal server error:
Unable to load required base modules, Exiting...

Hmmm... Upon inspecting xorg.conf, I find dri is set to load (bad) glx is set to load (good), and nothing about glcore... Time to edit that by hand, according to Michael's previous notes...

--
--- David Woyciesjes