Re: Entourage X and Sendmail STARTTLS on CentOS 4.4

Paul R. Ganci wrote:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')

After adding that line, Sendmail will listen on port 465 (smtps) in addition to port 25. You'll have SSL on port 465, and on port 25 you can have plaintext or TLS (after client issues STARTTLS).
I tried to do this and discovered that sendmail stopped listening on port 25. I am not sure what is up with this since the sendmail.mc config does say:

dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 465,

I'll experiment some more but if somebody has an idea as to why this might be occurring I am all ears.

I got this working. I don't know why it didn't seem to work the first time. I will find out tomorrow if this fixes the users Entourage X problem. Thanks for all your help.

--
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)