Re: IPVS connections not removed

On 22/12/06, Sébastien AVELINE <saveline@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will McDonald a écrit :
> On 22/12/06, Sébastien AVELINE <saveline@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi centos users,
>>
>> I've installed a load balancer using lvs (with direct routing). I use
>> LVS
>> with a heartbeat configuration and ldirectord and I don't use
>> persistent connections.My problem is when i am running "ipvsadm
>> -lcn", I can
>> see a lot of connections with the CLOSE (or others states)
>> state going from 00:59 to 00:01, and then going back to 00:59. In other
>> words these connections should be dropped after they timed out but the
>> counter is
>> reseted to 60. I wanted to compare these entries on my real servers with
>> netstat and I can say that these connections are not on my real
>> servers and
>> they should
>> be dropped from ip_vs_conn entries. My connection table is growing
>> and I'm
>> wondering if this connections table will not be too huge after a long
>> time.
>>
>> I use the latest kernel :2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
>> My ipvsadm version is : ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with popt and
>> IPVS
>> v1.2.0)
>>
>> I tried to see with redhat bugzilla but I am still waiting for an
>> answer. I
>> wanted to know if there is a solution and if it will be scheduled for
>> the
>> next kernel (I think that others users camed across this problem).
>> Thanks you for your answers.
>
> Where did you get your ldirector/ipvsadm from? I have 2 sets of 2 load
> balancers running without any problems at all. They're all
>
> CentOS 4.4
> Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL
> heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
> heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
> ipvsadm-1.24-6
>
> Those heartbeat and ipvsadm RPMs are from the CentOS Extras
> repositories and have given us next to no bother at all.
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/RPMS/
>
> Will.
We have the same packages, I'm using
CentOS 4.4
kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050927
heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927
ipvsadm 1.24-6
And I took them from extra repository too.

I'm wondering if you are using Direct Routing like me with your set of
loadbalancers. I think the problem come from direct routing because
loadbalancer can't see all the trafic. But the only thing I am sure is
that the counters are reseted after timeout and my connections are not
dropped.

I'm afraid not, all our systems are setup using masquerading NAT. That
was going to be my next question if it turned out (as it did) that
you're using kosher RPMs. :)

I've only ever had LVSes configured with NAT so have no experience and
only a vague memory of how DR works from the docs. If no one here can
point you in the right direction there's a dedicated LVS list too
which might be worth searching the archives of and then questioning if
you can't find an answer.

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/

Will.