Re: IPVS connections not removed

On 22/12/06, Sébastien AVELINE <saveline@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi centos users,

I've installed a load balancer using lvs (with direct routing). I use LVS
with a heartbeat configuration and ldirectord and I don't use
persistent connections.My problem is when i am running "ipvsadm -lcn", I can
see a lot of connections with the CLOSE (or others states)
state going from 00:59 to 00:01, and then going back to 00:59. In other
words these connections should be dropped after they timed out but the
counter is
reseted to 60. I wanted to compare these entries on my real servers with
netstat and I can say that these connections are not on my real servers and
they should
be dropped from ip_vs_conn entries. My connection table is growing and I'm
wondering if this connections table will not be too huge after a long time.

I use the latest kernel :2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
My ipvsadm version is : ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with popt and
IPVS
v1.2.0)

I tried to see with redhat bugzilla but I am still waiting for an answer. I
wanted to know if there is a solution and if it will be scheduled for the
next kernel (I think that others users camed across this problem).
Thanks you for your answers.

Where did you get your ldirector/ipvsadm from? I have 2 sets of 2 load
balancers running without any problems at all. They're all

CentOS 4.4
Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL
heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4
ipvsadm-1.24-6

Those heartbeat and ipvsadm RPMs are from the CentOS Extras
repositories and have given us next to no bother at all.

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/extras/i386/RPMS/

Will.