Re: Re: [CentOS] /var goes read-only

On 12/1/06, Joshua Gimer <jgimer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, that is what we were thinking was happening. Smartd will not start
at boot,  it parses the config file just fine and then fails.

When I bump into these types of issues, I like to run smartd  by hand
with the "-d" (debug) option. This can assist with locating
problematic devices, and if the information is fed back into the
smartmontools community, it can be used to update the device model
information in the  smartctl database (which can be printed by running
smartctl with the "-P show" option).

Thanks,
- Ryan
--