Re: [CentOS] Another Tar stopper

Barry L. Kline wrote:

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

So I switched over to init 3 and ran the tar process from the text session.

Still got this error.

How do I figure out what is wrong and how do I find any similar
show-stoppers?

That error is frequently caused by a lock or with the file changing
while being backed up.
thought so.
  Use the verbose option with tar, then scan down
through the log to find out what happened.
Used verbose mode.  That is why everything escrowed of the screen.
If you have a non-fatal
error early on in the execution of tar you'll receive notice of it at
the end of execution.
Never got to the end of execution.  Had lots of files still to go.