Re: [CentOS] Statistics on stability?

On 7/24/06, Steve Huff <shuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2006, at 6:03 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:

> It is not a method for anything, nor an equation, it is just a
> measurement. I don't pretend those facts to be a useful measure to
> reasonably conclude anything. Of course you still need to take into
> account several other measurements to fit into any theory...

hm, perhaps "stable" is a poorly-chosen word, then.  the word
"stable" is somewhat emotionally loaded among system administrators,
and i suspect many people automatically think "stable==good", and so
if their chosen distro performs poorly according to your "stability"
metric, they may be inclined to attack your metric or you.

my first thought was that your metric did not seem a particularly
useful one; then i realized that if you were collecting it, you
probably had some use for it, but it was difficult for me to get over
the choice of word.

-steve

I agree :)
Please let's s/stability/volume of updates/g and start it all over again :)
Cheers to all

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue