Re: wifi on servers and fedora [was Re: 7.2 kernel panic on boot]

On 12/10/2015 1:56 PM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
As a lesser example, I just*adore*  the new ethernet names - NOT. Breaks
scripts, makes it all more difficult, not to mention*so*  much easier to
guess, when you've debugging a box and your organization has hardware from
many OEMs. What was wrong with eth0, or even em1?

when you have multiple adapters, perhaps different types (maybe 2 10gigE and 2 1gigE?) which one is eth0 supposed to be? BSD has always used driver type in the network device names, and having dealt with device confusions before, I understand why.