Re: Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

On 10/09/2014 01:13 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Steve Clark <sclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What exactly does that mean - multi seat environments?
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/

Ok I read the information. So as I understand it you are going have a
computer that
has multiple graphics cards with multiple keyboards and multiple mice
divided into
seats. Really?

Where do I buy this computer?
It is much simpler to run remote X sessions over a network for
multiuser access  and probably not much more expensive if you use
older PCs as terminals.  You do have to boot something, but x2go or
freenx/NX are cross platform and have great remote performance.  I'm
surprised no one has made a mini-linux distro that boots straight to
x2go for this purpose, but if they have, I haven't found it.

Or a raspberry-pi for $50 if you don't have an old PC.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.*