[Centos] Yum problem CentOS 3.3?

On Friday 25 March 2005 10:03 am, Greg Knaddison wrote:

> Setting up a local mirror is a seriously easy task - took me a half
> day and I don't have many tuits.

I may have a half day some day.  But I don't today.

> But if you're not interested, I
> believe you can edit the yum.conf files to add in mirrors derived
> from:
>
> http://centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

I _am_ interested.  But until I get to it, how can I be sure if these
mirrors are configured for yum (or does the fact that they're listed
mean they _are_)?

I should probably use the first one listed, U of Cal Riverside ACM
Server, since it's only about two blocks from me (physically;
traceroute-wise it's 17 hops from my office, but only 7 from my data
center).

Given the ftp url as:

ftp://centos.cs.ucr.edu/centos/centos/

What would the complete listing for yum.conf be?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation