[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

On Thursday 24 March 2005 19:51, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> Seriously, I like Postfix.  I think the configuration is much easier to
> understand.  For years I was the "admin" of the sendmail server but
> really had no idea what was going on.  When I switched to my new job, I
> decided to try out postfix and in doing so I learned more about email
> and how it works then I ever did using sendmail.

There is one question I would have about switching to postfix, and that would
be the compatibility of a long (VERY LONG) access control list (for the
access file in sendmail) in postfix, and what the differences in access
syntax that there may be.  I'd kindof like to switch (to transition to the
packaged kolab environment, which uses postfix), but the ACL thing (which
I've not found in the various and voluminous postfix FAQL's) is the only real
hangup.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology