[Centos] Boot diskette for install CD

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 13:52 -0700, Mark Jarvis wrote:
> I tried  last night to boot the install CD using a Smart Boot Manager
> diskette, but at school it didn't see the CD at all. When I tested at
> home, SBM saw my DVD/CD drive just fine. ????

While not exactly what you are looking for....
I mounted  the CD on somemachine and copied contents of first CD into a
somedirectory. Thereafter I copied the RPMS directory from the rest of
CD's into the RPMS subdirectory of somedirectory. Then exported the
somedirectory by editing the /etc/exports file and re-starting service
NFS.
Target machines were booted from USB-CDROM (for which no drivers were
needed only enabled CDBoot in bios) and at start prompt gave command
"linux askmethod" Choose install from NFS and gave somemachineIP and
somedirectory when asked for these.
HTH

--
Sudev Barar