[Centos] top "command prelink" (coming from Anacron? - ld-linux.so.2) high CPU usage?!?

Hi,

Now that I am taking a slightly closer look at the CentOS (and Linux in
general) specifics, I've come across something that looks rather
strange, or at least, in comparison to FreeBSD and Debian it does.

When booting in runlevel 3, and when running "top", at the top of the
list, there is a process described as "prelink" which looks like a CPU
hog (it keeps using up to 90+% of the CPU). When just looking now, it
seems to have gone away.

In Gnome, when looking at the system monitor the "prelink" thread seems
to have the following thread structure: anacron -> bash -> sh -> prelink
-> ld-linux.so.2

The ld-linux.so.2 part appears, and disappears every second or so.

As I'm typing this message, the system seems to have calmed down now,
and perhaps it was only some initialisation of something (as the machine
was only installed yesterday).

Can anyone tell me what this was (from the man pages I gather 'anachron'
to be a cron/at like scheduler)?

Cheers,
Olafo