[Centos] popen() fread() system()

Popen() and System() are things that security people look at.  Has your
user turned on SELinux in non-Warn mode?  Look at /etc/sysconfig/selinux
and see what is set up. Apache is one of the daemons that SELinux is
monitoring or controlling.

Grep for SELinux in /var/log/* to see if anything shows up there.

Ed Clarke