[Centos] Error while rpmbuilding samba source

--- Troy Engel <tengel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> I was able to successfully compile the same SRPM on
> CentOS4 (as well as
> RedHat 7.2 and 9). This type of error doesn't
> usually mean there's a
> missing -devel package, at least not that I've
> found.
>
> You could try doing a forced reinstall of the krb5
> RPMS, the
> glibc-devel, gcc, etc -- perhaps one or more got
> messed up during your
> install. I have a particular RHES3 server that ate
> the python packages
> somehow, caused all sorts of segfaults running
> up2date; a forced
> reinstall of the python stuff fixed all my ills.
>
> hth,
> -te

Troy thanks for your suggestions, i was able to
finally compile the samba source code. The problem of
compiling looks like it was related to hardware
problem with the server i am dealing with and
hopefully fixed.

Hangs head in shame and kicks the server a few times
until foot starts throbbing.

thanks for all your help

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."