[Centos] Re: Thank You!

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:18:54 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > My thanks, too. In my case I came via FC3, which is a well-crafted
> > release. An LUG member said. "You realize of course, that each Fedora
> > release has only about a 6-month life span before you have to start
> > all over again. Try CentOS." The rest is history.
>
> But try to remember, that Fedora Core is where the new features come
> from.

True enough. When those features actually work, they'll turn up in
RHELn/CentOSn. Meanwhile, I'm getting set to prepare some systems
(recycled older gear) for relatively untrained users, and I'll be
happy to rely on the longer cycle of CentOS. Those folks won't give a
damn about GCC4 and the latest and greatest GNOME/KDE.  IceWm will be
their window manager,  since those beasts are too slow on less capable
hardware.

Besaides, for those who can't wait, I'm sure that some enterprising
member of the community will craft RPMs for some of the new features
for use on CentOS4.

--
 Collins