[Centos] question about centos4

Daniel S. Reichenbach wrote:
>>-Can I upgrade CentoS 3.* to CentOS4 with yum or do I have to use the
>>cd-rom and linux upgradeany option?
>
> Using yum upgrade, you will run into some issues, as the kernel has
> changed and there are several changes in packages. You will be on the
> safe side, when you upgrade via booting form the CentOS-4 installation
> disc. At the initial prompt enter:
>
> linux upgradeany

Yeah..I thought so..thanks for the confirmation :)

> This will do the trick and perform upgrades via anaconda. Chances are
> pretty good that you will then have a working, upgraded system.
>

>>-Are there any CentOS 4 mirrors (updates/packages etc?)
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13 is your
> friend. There are quite a lot which have fully synced with all the new
> packages. May I suggest to browse the list and check with a mirror
> near you? E.g. in my case it's Germany and the TU Chemnitz mirror has
> all packages already synced.

I tried 2 Dutch and 1 belgium mirror but both are missing the repomd.xml:

Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repos
http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/caoslinux/centos/4/addons/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: addons
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from addons: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

And the german mirror seemed offline?
Does anyone know another mirror which has a good mirror.

Michiel