[Centos] question about centos4

> -Can I upgrade CentoS 3.* to CentOS4 with yum or do I have to use the
> cd-rom and linux upgradeany option?
Using yum upgrade, you will run into some issues, as the kernel has
changed and there are several changes in packages. You will be on the
safe side, when you upgrade via booting form the CentOS-4 installation
disc. At the initial prompt enter:

linux upgradeany

This will do the trick and perform upgrades via anaconda. Chances are
pretty good that you will then have a working, upgraded system.

> -Are there any CentOS 4 mirrors (updates/packages etc?)
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13 is your
friend. There are quite a lot which have fully synced with all the new
packages. May I suggest to browse the list and check with a mirror
near you? E.g. in my case it's Germany and the TU Chemnitz mirror has
all packages already synced.

Hope this helps.
Daniel S. Reichenbach
--