[Centos] RH in documentation...

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Michael Best wrote:

> Maciej ??enczykowski wrote:
> >>Here read this:
> >>http://beta.centos.org/centos-4/4.0/docs/html/rhel-ig-x8664-multi-en-4/legalnotice.html
> >>
> >>-Mike
>
> The Open Content license does permit derived works, modified versions
> must say they are modified, and have bibliographic attribution to the
> original work.

That is not my understanding having read it.

as in :-

'Distribution of substantively modified versions of this document is
prohibited without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.'

That being an optional overrider on the opencontent license.

as in :-

The author(s) and/or publisher of an Open Publication-licensed document
may elect certain options by appending language to the reference to or
copy of the license. ...

A. To prohibit distribution of substantively modified versions without the
explicit permission of the author(s). "Substantive modification" is
defined as a change to the semantic content of the document, and excludes
mere changes in format or typographical corrections.

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.