Reg:CGLinux kernel(2.6.21) booting issue

Hi Viswanathan,

[Reg:CGLinux kernel(2.6.21) booting issue] On 18/07/2010 (Sun 14:48) Viswanathan M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I m now trying to boot the powerpc board using a monta vista carrier grade
> linux of kernel version 2.6.21.
> Its getting hanged after printing the line "Loading device tree...OK".However,I
> have already been successful in booting the same powerpc board using the main
> line kernel linux kernel version 2.6.23 and 2.6.24.I have changed the device
> tree file according to my hardware interface and tested.but the result is
> same.i.e getting hanged after "Loading device tree...OK"
>
> I also debugged in u-boot and it is successful in transfering the control to
> linux.I am not sure about the where its getting lost after coming into kernel.I
> also put some printk in the early kernel functions such as early_init and probe
> machine.But it didnt get printed.
>
> I have checked serial port baud rate at u-boot end also.I have also checked the
> serial port signals at the time of hanging.There was no output in the serial
> port at the time of hanging.
>
> What could be the issue?please help me in this regard.

I'm sorry, I don't really have any ideas off the top of my head, but
since you're saying you're specifically using MontaVista's CGE product,
I bet they have some folks that can help you out.

There are probably people on the list here who would be happy to try to
help you out, too, but in general the goal of this list is to discuss
issues facing carriers and network equipment providers in their adoption
of Linux.  If you have questions or topics you just want to discuss
along those lines, please feel free to bring them up here!

--
Joe MacDonald, Member of Technical Staff, Linux Products Group, Wind River
direct 613.270.5750     mobile 613.291.7421     fax 613.592.2283

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]