Reg:CGLinux kernel(2.6.21) booting issue

Hi,

I m now trying to boot the powerpc board using a monta vista carrier grade
linux of kernel version 2.6.21.
Its getting hanged after printing the line "Loading device
tree...OK".However,I have already been successful in booting the same
powerpc board using the main line kernel linux kernel version 2.6.23 and
2.6.24.I have changed the device tree file according to my hardware
interface and tested.but the result is same.i.e getting hanged after

I also debugged in u-boot and it is successful in transfering the control to
linux.I am not sure about the where its getting lost after coming into
kernel.I also put some printk in the early kernel functions such as
early_init and probe machine.But it didnt get printed.

I have checked serial port baud rate at u-boot end also.I have also checked
the serial port signals at the time of hanging.There was no output in the
serial port at the time of hanging.

What could be the issue?please help me in this regard.

-Viswanathan M