Carrier Grade Linux/Gaps Alpha1

On 05/27/08 09:48, Greg KH wrote:

> I would suggest dropping them all, unless a real "gap and
> requirement" is specified for them.  That would be the simplest, and
> ensure that requirements that were actually needed would survive (if
> no one speaks up for one, it must not have been important.)

We have seriously considered that option. The reason we haven't done
it yet is that some of the original contributers are no longer active
in the group. The though being that if they worked to get it in in the
past it would be a bit presumptuous on our part to just through them
out without at least trying to evaluate each one and see if there was
enough information to salvage it.

Although, I agree with the point that if no one is still willing to
stand up and speak for a requirement, it can't be that important.

We are having a face to face meeting next week, I'm sure we will spend
some serious time discussing this option again.

Again, thanks for the input!

Troy

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]