Runtime software modification method used on COTS system for high-availability network service

Dear Theodore,

> Message du 02/06/08 15:22
> De : "Theodore Tso"
> A : "Guillaume FORTAINE"
> Copie ? : "Peter R. Badovinatz" , lf_carrier at linux-foundation.org, akpm at linux-foundation.org, hofrat at hofr.at
> Objet : Re: Runtime software modification method used on COTSsystem for high-availability network service
>
> Guillaume,
>
> Looking at all of the links which you gave, it seems pretty
> obvious that (a) the project is dead/abandonware --- it was originally
> done for the 2.6.9 kernel and apparently hasnt been updated in over
> two years.

Ok, you confirm my intuition.

> Did you bother to look at the links?  What sort of
> comments were you looking for/expecting?

Yes, of course. However, I didn't check the various flame wars around it :

http://osdir.com/ml/linux.kernel.carrier-grade/2005-03/msg00025.html

I was simply looking after Your Reply ;~) !

> In fact, there is a much more recent implementation of this
> functionality here:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/ksplice/
>
> Note that ksplice does not need any modifications to the base Linux
> Kernel in order to function.

Ok. I was aware of it. Do You plan any PPC Port ?

> - Ted

I look forward to Your Answer,

Best Regards,

Guillaume FORTAINE
"I have root @ Google"

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]