[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.2 Embedded Profile

Carlos Manuel Duclos Vergara wrote:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008 19:29:36 Dan Kohn wrote:
>> So, just to update the original proposal, we're talking about an "LSB
>> 3.2 CGL Profile" that is the same as LSB 3.2 except that it doesn't
>> include the X, GTK, qt, or CUPS libraries.  A distro can only qualify
>> for the CGL profile if they ship neither GTK nor qt as part of their
>> standard install.
>>
>> Current 3.2 libraries are listed here:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/navigator/browse/library.php?changever=
3.2&changearch=1

>> Based on this definition of the CGL profile being a strict subset of
>> LSB 3.2, any application that was certified to the LSB CGL 3.2
>> profile would also be certified to LSB 3.2.
>>

> Now that I reread this, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean,
> if you are LSB 3.2 certified
> for sure you are CGL, but if you are CGL then by definition you do
> not fulfill LSB 3.2 requirements....

No, it's right the way it's described for applications.  Of course
the reverse situation is true for distributions.  For apps, if you
only use libraries from the subset, which is definitely present in
the full LSB, then you're certain to be okay on the full LSB.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]