Draft CGL Re-charter

Hi Timo,

Dan posted a first DRAFT of the charter and I'm sure there are quite a
few tweaks that need to go into it.  To make it a bit easier to tweak
this, I put the charter draft into a wiki sandbox.

https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Re-charter_Sandbox

Please go ahead and tweak the charter to include your view of the
LF/SCOPE relationship.  When folks have had a chance to grock the
charter a bit, we'll pull a call together to discuss it.

If anyone goes in to update the charter, please note your changes on
this list so that we all know to take a look at the changes.

Have a good weekend.

John

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 08:20 +0300, timo.jokiaho@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I was reading your text and looks to me that you have not seen my
> proposal or you have decided
> to discard it totally. I did not find any of my ideas from your text.
> Either way, I copy/pasted
> my proposal here for your benefit and my proposal to SCOPE will be along
> these lines:
>

> ---
> Glenn et.al
>
> We at Nokia Siemens Networks have a firm opinion that these kind of RFPs
> should come from SCOPE Alliance (note, this is Nokia Siemens Networks
> opinion, not SCOPE at least yet).
>
> What we also think is that collectively we should start concentrating on
> working towards consistent Carrier Grade API set within Carrier Grade OS
> domain, like CG Linux. In order to do that, the following model is
> proposed:
>
> * LF-CGL would be primarily become implementors group with Carrier Grade
> focus.
>    SCOPE Alliance develops gap / requirement document and spells out the
> need for APIs
>    related to the gaps / requirements. This will given to LF-CGL, which
> then starts developing
>    the APIs themselves. The development process should be full consensus
> based. When the
>    APIs are defined, LF CGL includes the new APIs into LSB CGL module
> and they would
>    then be automatically included into LSB certification process.
>
> In addition to this SCOPE would continue to profile existing API specs
> and then provides the profile (priorities) to LF-CGL group, which then
> works on those and makes sure they will be included into LSB CGL module.
> They would then be included into LSB certification process.
> ----
>

> Cheers
>
>   TimoJ

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]