Re: [BUG] perf test: Regression because of d6e6286a12e7

Em Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 09:43:41PM +0000, Manu Bretelle escreveu:
> Hi Arnaldo,

> Checking back here to see if there is anything you need help in order
> to add perf support to BPF CI. Were you able to make progress and are
> hitting some issues along the way?

I'm travelling now, but I saw that Ian replied.

No progress on my part, but I would start with a simple:

Build perf from the same kernel source tree used in the
current CI tests, then run 'perf test'. It would test more than just the
BPF part, but would be a good start.

A second step would be just disabling the tests that are failing and
that are not BPF specific, using the --skip arg to 'perf test':

[root@quaco test]# perf test -h skip

 Usage: perf test [<options>] [{list <test-name-fragment>|[<test-name-fragments>|<test-numbers>]}]

    -s, --skip <tests>    tests to skip

[root@quaco test]#

So something like:

make -C tools/perf
perf test --skip list,of,tests,failing,that,are,not,BPF,specific

The perf build dependencies should be similar to the ones needed to
build libbpf or close to it, so the above would be a great first stab at
it.

- Arnaldo

--

- Arnaldo