Re: [BUG] perf test: Regression because of d6e6286a12e7

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 2:43 PM Manu Bretelle <chantra@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Arnaldo,
>

> Checking back here to see if there is anything you need help in order to add perf support to BPF CI. Were you able to make progress and are hitting some issues along the way?

Separate from the CI issue there were some updates on perf:
 - we're looking to re-enable BPF skeletons by default for 6.7:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230914211948.814999-1-irogers@xxxxxxxxxx/
 - Ravi's original failure can no longer fail as we removed the BPF
filter events in favor of a BPF skeleton based --filter option:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230810184853.2860737-1-irogers@xxxxxxxxxx/
As such these tests no longer exist. Other tests like kernel lock
contention analysis implicitly use BPF and so we are still testing
BPF.

Thanks,
Ian