Re: [Bpf] IETF BPF working group draft charter

Dave Thaler <dthaler=40microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> I assume that one use cases is where a VM (windows or Linux inside)
    >> does a eBPF (XDP) load into a virtual network interface, and the
    >> hypervisor manages to push that down to some engine in a physical
    >> card.
    >>
    >> In that case, we might have mixes of Windows, Linux and network card
    >> implementations of eBPF on the same "transaction" path.

    > Yes, exactly right.

Okay, I'm unclear if that implies that we need all the discussed ELF and ABI issues
to be compatible all the way down.  Or if each layer can do it's adaptation
in incompatible ways, and that's okay.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*