Re: [Bpf] IETF BPF working group draft charter

I'm really lost in this discussion.  All aspects of the ABI are
a required part of interoperability.  And one of the promises of
this IETF eBPF project is to provide for this interoperability.

This is a very different situation from the binary ABI for Linux
or Windows, which has traditionally never been interoperable between
vendors, odd examples like iBCS2 [1] notwithstanding.

I'm fine with watering down the wording in the charter a bit in not
beeing too specific what documebts we want to work on for the binary
compatibility, but I think having it is essential.

What do we gain by not having the full binary interface in the working
group scope?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Binary_Compatibility_Standard