Re: Possible deadlock in bpf_common_lru_pop_free

Dear Alexei,

Thanks for the feedback. I have two questions:

1) My understanding is that if the "noinstr" attribute is to be
applied to a given function, any functions that are called within it
must be explicitly marked as "noinstr" or "__always_inline". This
means that marking "bpf_common_lru_pop_free" and
"bpf_common_lru_push_free" as "no instr" would involve marking many
other additional functions (we can count about 30 of them). Would this
be acceptable?

2) Spinner has been finding several more deadlock bugs in ebpf helper
functions. And it is likely to find more as we keep analyzing the ebpf
subsystem. We are wondering how you suggest we report the bugs?
Oftentimes, we are not sure how to best patch the bugs and hence we
prefer to just report the bugs alongside PoCs and lockdep splats. If
it helps, we can batch the bugs that look similar in one report.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Priya