Re: Unsupported CONFIG_FPROBE and CONFIG_RETHOOK on ARM64

On Tue, 10 Sep 2024 11:23:29 -0700
Andrii Nakryiko <andrii.nakryiko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Masami, Steven,
>
> Does Linus have to be in CC to get any reply here? Come on, it's been
> almost a full week.

And we are busy getting ready for Plumbers. Go ahead Cc Linus, I'm sure he
doesn't care, and you will likely just annoy him unless this is a
regression.

> Maybe ARM64 folks have some context?... And hopefully desire to see
> this through so that ARM64 doesn't stick out as a lesser-supported
> platform as far as tracing goes compared to loongarch, s390x, and
> powerpc (which just landed rethook support, see [2]).
>
> Note that there was already an implementation (see [1]), but for some
> reason it never made it.
>
>   [1] https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/164338038439.2429999.17564843625400931820.stgit@devnote2/
>   [2] https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/172562357215.467568.2172858907419105155.b4-ty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Masami's fprobe work is near the top of my priority list, but there's been
bugs reported that always take precedence over features. There's been fires
to put out that has caused this to be delayed.

There! I replied.

-- Steve